INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS FOR
Vortex Tubes > Solutions > Technical Data
|1 of 4|
Metal Fabricating - Tapping
Tapping brass clips is completed without messy liquid coolants using air from a Vortex Tube to cool the tap. The brass does not have a chance to gum up, the cut is cleaner, and secondary operations are eliminated.
Uses for Vortex Tubes
- Cool manufacturing processes: machining plastics or metals, wood working, soldering, adhesive application, heat sealing, sewing needles, mold tooling and many others.
- In the laboratory: cool and dehumidify gas samples, cool environmental chambers.
- "Temperature cycle" electronic components, instruments, switches and thermostats.
- Air condition electronic control enclosures: CNC cabinets, industrial PCs, PLCs and motor controls.
- Generate hot air to +230°F (+110°C), without a spark or explosion hazard to soften plastic, melt glues and seal packaging.
- Cool workers wearing protective gear.
AiRTX Vortex Tube Advantages
- No moving parts, portable, lightweight and low cost.
- Uses no electricity, freon or chemicals; just filtered, factory compressed air.
- No spark hazard, RF/EMI interference.
- Instant on/off, easy to control, cools without waste.
- No residue to clean up, no parts washing needed.
- Reliable, maintenance-free, durable Stainless Steel construction.
- Input air flows of 8, 10, 15, 25, and 35 cfm (220,280,420, 700, 990 lpm); up to 2800 BTU/H (630 Kcal/H) cooling capacity.
- Two sizes available.